MBA Application Essay Editing
Writing concise, informative and engaging MBA application essays that stand out from the crowd is essential to securing interviews, and ultimately, admission. Among thousands of candidates with excellent test scores and impressive resumes, you need to shine. Each piece of writing must demonstrate the truest and best possible version of you.
All of our clients have been accepted to premier MBA programs: 95% in the top 10 globally, 100% in the top 30.
In your MBA essay, we will help you prove that you are a top applicant by:
- Clearly showing a critical understanding of what the school is seeking and how you will fulfill these requirements; demonstrating how you “fit.”
- Determining your strongest content and presenting it in a compelling, well-organized and structured manner.
- Proving you have done your homework and really understand what makes each school’s program unique.
- Illustrating how this MBA will help you achieve your goals and what your contributions to the school and your classmates will be.
- Ensuring that your language is natural and without grammatical errors.
Each candidate’s journey to acceptance is different and we prepare a plan that best suits your individual needs. Here are some examples of how we can work together:
- Meet via Skype to learn more about your work and life experiences and how your goals and accomplishments can be most advantageously portrayed in your essays. The first step is looking at the big picture: have you chosen the right content to excite the admissions committee?
- Analyze your resume and essay drafts and discuss improvements and give advice on the material and structure.
- Editing options: Unless your writing is already very polished, we will usually work through two or more drafts. You can decide to use the same option through all our work together, or change essay to essay:
- Comprehensive with detailed suggestions: Using “track changes” in Microsoft Word, M will correct all your grammar, replace repetitive words with synonyms, and change common adjectives and verbs to their stronger counterparts. By “adding comments,” she will offer more natural collocation options and point out when an idea is unclear and suggest how to improve it.
- General feedback: M will indicate, through comments and highlighted text in your document, what needs to be strengthened or changed in your essays and you will do the work. After you have perfected your writing, M will do one final edit to resolve any remaining issues.